Tuesday, August 5, 2008

four.

There are days when I wonder if I really believe what it is that I preach. I wonder if I would have the courage that the people had at Stonewall back in 1969, or people in the HRC have today. I wonder if I could ever say anything that men and women haven't already said or heard that would make a difference. Can I really do all that I know I am called to do?
I am re-reading Mel White's autobiography, Stranger at the Gate: to be Gay and Christian in America. I am compelled by his words to this strong call for action and justice. I want to see all this change he is fighting for, but I have to ask, "Am I willing to do what I know has to be done in order to see this justice come to be?"
I am meeting with Dr. White in two days to discuss getting involved. I want to see change and I want to see love do the changing. I guess I will find out in a few days if I have what it takes (through Christ).
Wish me well!
Check out the myspace! Feel free to send me a message and I will try to answer any questions.
www.myspace.com/tennjames06

Yours Freely,
Tennessee James

No comments: