Thursday, October 23, 2008

ten.

I am so tired.
I feel like I am fighting against the tides. You are thwarting my best efforts to create change, but I will not give up on you.
Every time I think you are close to acceptance you say something that sets us back two spaces. I will not stop loving you. I will not stop trying to see the best in you. I will not stop praying for you and blessing your family.
I am sitting here with my cats, and I am wondering what would happen if they treated each other like you treat people. I think how my house would be a wreck and then we would be standing around staring at them asking for an explanation. They, of course, would not answer and we would be left to pick up the mess.
I am offering to pick up the mess with you, but what I demand that the cats can't give me is an explanation. Please, explain to me why you think it is OK to tear apart our church in the name of Christ when Christ said division is bad. Why do you choose to exclude the "counter culture" when Christ was considered "counter culture" in his day? There is plenty of room in the church pews for people of all walks of life, yet you are content to let starving people sit outside because they make you feel uncomfortable. Put aside the fact that that is not only blatantly against scripture and try to understand that could be you. Would you change who you are for the people who exclude you? Would the fact that people yell at you and tell you that you deserve to die want to change how you live your life? I would say more than likely not.
Have compassion. Our generation is dying a spiritual death because you wont tell them about the saving truth until they "clean up" their "lifestyle." Do you see the misguidance in that? I do.
God have mercy on those who boast in themselves and not in the Lord. I have been sent with a message and I will happily help you clean up the mess. Whats your explanation?

Yours freely,
Tennessee James

No comments: